Unified State Register of Legal Entities and Individual Entrepreneurs
The Department of Unified State Register of Legal Entities and Individual Entrepreneurs
Since 2001 by the decision of the Head of State, the Ministry of Justice has been entrusted with the functions on organizational and methodological provision and coordination of state registration and liquidation (cessation of activities) of business entities (legal entities and individual entrepreneurs), maintenance the Unified State Register of Legal Entities and Individual Entrepreneurs (hereinafter – USR).
For this in January 2002 the Department of the Unified State Register of Legal Entities and Individual Entrepreneurs (hereinafter – USR Department) was established with the Ministry’s structure.
Creation of favorable conditions for doing business, including its registration, is one of the priority directions of the state’s activity.
The main task of USR Department is to provide a convenient, quick and low-cost procedure for business establishment.
To do this USR Department:
- generalizes the practice of legislation on state registration and liquidation (cessation of activity) of legal entities and individual entrepreneurs application;
- studies international best practices, makes suggestions on improvement of the procedure for establishing and closing down a business;
- develops draft normative legal acts on these issues;
- ensures the interaction of registration authorities with tax, customs authorities, bodies of the Social Protection Fund, state statistics, other government bodies and organizations;
- controls activities of registration bodies;
- conducts training seminars with employees of the registration bodies.
In the recent history of Belarusian legislation the sphere of establishing and liquidation of a business can be confidently called one of the most progressive areas of state regulation.
This fact is confirmed by a number of reforms, carried out by the Ministry of Justice:
- introduction of a declarative principle of state registration;
- a significant reduction in the registration time (1 day) and the list of documents, submitted to the registration body;
- cancellation of notarial certification of constituent documents;
- automatic setting of business entities for all types of accounting;
- cancellation of the requirement for the minimum size of the authorized capital and the obligation to form it before state registration of a legal entity;
- realization of the possibility to perform all procedures, related to the creation and liquidation of a business, in electronic form;
- reduction of the state fee for state registration, as well as exemption from its payment with electronic registration;
- the possibility of registering business entities by contacting a notary public;
- the possibility to open a bank account when registering a business entity;
- cancellation of the obligation to use the seal by business entities;
- introduction of the principle of "one window" in the liquidation of business entities.
At the same time improving the sphere of establishing and liquidating a business cannot be imagined without the use of modern information technologies. For these purposes, USR department maintains the following information systems:
- automated information system of the Unified State Register of Legal Entities and Individual Entrepreneurs (AIS USR);
- automated information system "Interaction" (AIS Interaction");
- the USR web-portal.
The USR is the basic state information resource that provides a unified record and identification of legal entities, individual entrepreneurs and state bodies.
The Ministry of Justice ensures the completeness and reliability of the information, contained in the USR, their openness and accessibility for public, the development of methods and instructions for the USR maintenance.
The USR has about 3 thousand external users. Access to the USR is provided for all courts, enforcement agents, units of the Investigative Committee of the Republic of Belarus, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus and other government bodies and organizations.
As of March 4, 2020 the USR database contains information on 357810 legal entities, including 156 711 operating, and 1 104 536 individual entrepreneurs, including 263 040 operating.
8 423 business entities were registered (1 926 legal entities and 6 497 individual entrepreneurs) in the Republic of Belarus for two month of 2020:
AIS "Interaction" both, during registration and liquidation of business entities, ensures the implementation of the "one window" principle.
So, upon registration a business entity is automatically placed on all types of accounting, information on opening a current (settlement) bank account is sent to the bank, upon liquidation getting of certificates from government bodies (organizations) about the absence (presence) of an outstanding debt from the business entity is provided.
Registration, tax, customs bodies, bodies of the Social Protection Fund of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection, state statistics, the Belarusian Republican Unitary Insurance Company "Belgosstrakh", archives, banks participate in this interaction.
In 2011 the Ministry of Justice launched and in 2014 modernized the USR web-portal (egr.gov.by), the main task of which is to ensure electronic registration and liquidation of businesses.
Currently all applications, notifications, requests from citizens and organizations, related to registration and liquidation can be sent electronically via the USR web-portal.
The USR web-portal is not only a system that allows directly prepare and send documents for approval of the name of the organization, state registration of business entities, provide notifications of changes in the location and appointment (replacement) of the head of a legal entity, obtain an extract from the USR. It is also a resource that has incorporated all the information necessary for applicants to establish and operate a business (selection of legislation on this issue, a service for preparation of documents for subsequent presentation to the registration body, information on restrictions on entering a business, checking options for names of legal entities, checking the status of business entities, questions and answers on the legislation application, etc.).
The USR web-portal is presented by the Ministry of Justice at the International Specialized Exhibition of IT Technologies TIBO annually.