Lawmaking Activities in the Sphere of Economy and Ecology
The Central Department on Lawmaking in Economics and Ecology of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Belarus is a structural unit of the central office of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Belarus.
Lawmaking as one of the sphere of activity of authorized state bodies and organizations holds a primary place in the system of legal regulation of any country in the world.
Today almost every decision in the republic is drawn up by a legal act. And the effectiveness of their application depends on how qualitatively and comprehensively the provisions of the acts are worked out at the stage of their preparation.
Ensuring simplicity, comprehensibility, unambiguous perception of legal norms, as well as avoiding legal uncertainty and inconsistency of legal requirements is one of the main tasks set by the Head of State to lawmaking bodies.
The Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Belarus plays a significant role in realization of this task.
So, the Central Department prepares draft legal acts, conducts obligatory legal expertise of draft resolutions of the Government of the Republic of Belarus, approves draft laws of the Republic of Belarus, legal acts of the President of the Republic of Belarus in the sphere of economy and ecology.
The activity of the Central Department covers a wide range of issues, among which are issues of civil, budget, tax, customs legislation; legislation governing constructing, investment, entrepreneurial, economic activity, commerce, public catering, municipal housing economy, technical rate setting and standardization, transport, communications, as well as environmental protection and rational use of natural resources and certain issues of private international law.
The main tasks of the Central Department include:
- approval of draft laws of the Republic of Belarus, edicts, decrees and orders of the President of the Republic of Belarus;
- obligatory legal expertise of draft resolutions of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus;
- preparation of draft legal acts in the sphere of economy and ecology;
- analysis of legislation, law enforcement practice in the sphere of economy and ecology and preparation of proposals for improving of legislation in this sphere;
- participation in the processes of unification and harmonization of the legislation of the Republic of Belarus and the Russian Federation, the Eurasian Economic Union, member states of the Commonwealth of Independent States and preparation of relevant normative legal acts of interstate entities on issues, which are within the scope of the Ministry of Justice;
- preparation of legal conclusions on loan agreements, guarantees of the Government of the Republic of Belarus;
- generalization of the practice of draft normative legal acts preparation, as well as conducting of review of the state of lawmaking activities in the republican state authorities, subordinated to the Government of the Republic of Belarus.